Dare to Reach for Higher Ground
Founded in 1982, High-Touch Communications are the proud makers of the HourGlass Time Tracking and Task Management System. HTC is always on the look-out for new talent to keep us on the cutting edge of Web development and design. If you think you have what it takes, fill out our General Application Form. HourGlass is a registered trademark of High-Touch Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
BILINGUAL INSIDE SALES & SUPPORT REP
We are seeking a bilingual (English & French) Inside Sales & Support Representative who excels in a fast-paced, environment. We look for service and relationship oriented sales & support representatives who are computer literate. We have excellent opportunities for those with a minimum of 1-2 years of telephone sales experience. You will be responsible for the sale of web-based time tracking and task management software. Strong communication, self-direction, and organizational skills are required. In this position you will establish relationships with prospective customers, maintain relationships with current customers, prepare and conduct sales demonstrations. Key Responsibilities:
- Meets or exceeds client acquisition and aretention goals.
- Secures the client relationship and drives customer satisfaction.
- Assist in day-to-day Website maintenance, aworking closely with Project Manager on related projects.
- Provide technical assistance to clients via telephone and email.
- Record/track problem reports, coordinate resolution, and provide status reports to management as necessary.
- Review open tickets daily and work toward resolution within time frames specified.
- Provide training and support to users of our time tracking and task management system.
- Guide prospects through the product tour and account setup process.
- Return customer service calls promptly.
- Follow-up with customers via written correspondence as needed.
- Send problem notifications to management as needed and work closely with Technical and Design team members to resolve issues.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with clients, colleagues, and management to ensure a pro-active team-oriented environment.
- Other duties may be required.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Pleasant personality with strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English & French.
- Ability to meet deadlines and input data with speed and accuracy.
- Team player with excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- A positive attitude with a customer focused approach.
SENIOR PHP DEVELOPER/Web Integrator
We are looking for a Sr. PHP Programmer/Web Integrator who wants to reach beyond the average to deliver first-rate, CMS-integrated websites and Web applications that are as elegant as they are functional.
You are passionate about the possibilities of the Internet as a medium, and about your role in building innovative solutions and finding the right way around every obstacle. You have the voice of a strong leader, but the spirit of a great collaborator. You care as much about your code as you do about usability, you think as much about where technology is going as where it is now, and you strive to make a difference with every project. You have a pixel-perfect approach to interface work, building page templates that conform exactly to designer layouts and specs. Your working environment and coworkers matter to you, and you enjoy sharing your ideas and sense of humour with them as you embark on new adventures. You are careful with your time and can estimate the work involved on a task with accuracy, which you then complete with precision and pragmatism. No bug is too small; you exterminate them with commitment and dedication. To you there are no “known issues,” just unknown possibilities, and discovering them is the reason you love doing what you do. Responsibilities
You will create and document complex web-based applications in PHP and MySQL following established standards and methodologies, primarily in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for fully documenting your work both in the code (following the phpDoc format) and, where necessary, in technical and user documentation manuals. Need-to-have Qualifications:
- You have experience in assessing functional project requirements and interpreting them into technical development projects, which you can then expertly code with your mad kung fu skills.
- You are strong at writing and optimizing MySQL queries, as well as designing and optimizing MySQL database schemas. Experience with other RDBMS would come in handy, too.
- You must have experience developing PHP sites running under Apache for Linux. At HTC, we run Mac, Linux and Windows.
- Your integration work is impeccable, designers love working with you because of your keen eye for detail and faithfully built interfaces.
- You have experience with Bugzilla, Trac, CVS and/or Subversion.
- You are dedicated to delivering projects within time requirements while adhering to established quality and documentation standards.
- IE6 isn’t dead yet: you must have a general understanding of cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility issues.
- You can bring a little something special to the table if you:
- Have experience installing and maintaining Linux-based web and database servers
- Possess two years' experience developing object-oriented, database-driven PHP web applications in a corporate environment.
- Are capable of developing PHP-driven web sites that work well with Internet Explorer (PC), Firefox/Mozilla (Mac, PC), and Safari Mac.
- Have experience with search engine optimization and/or search engine marketing.
- Have excellent English and French verbal and written communications skills.
- Are able to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily, and you appreciate a challenge.
- Have experience building successful mobile apps.
- Can play Guitar Hero on hard. Seriously, most of us are stuck on Medium.
- If you are going to succeed with us, you need to be a:
- Hard working, career-oriented and motivated professional
- Producer of great work
- Team player
- Strong communicator
- Fast and efficient coder
- Quick learner
- Breeze to get along with
- Keen follower of current web and tech trends
High-Touch Communications was founded in 1982 as a marketing and design company, and we’ve evolved into a Branding & Web firm that delivers results-driven, complete solutions. We like combining expertise in strategy, design and technology so we value team members you can approach our projects with a total perspective. We are located in a beautiful loft office, and we are a small, but dynamic team of Web professionals. Strong performers enjoy great perks, and initiative is greatly appreciated. We are also developers of high-end Web-based productivity software including IgnitionWeb, Internet marketing software and a robust Content Management System (CMS) that empowers businesses to Inform, Promote and Transact online, and HourGlass, a time tracking and task management application for companies who bill for time and materials.