Dare to Reach for Higher Ground
Founded in 1982, High-Touch Communications are the proud makers of the HourGlass Time Tracking and Task Management System. HTC is always on the look-out for new talent to keep us on the cutting edge of Web development and design. If you think you have what it takes, fill out our General Application Form. HourGlass is a registered trademark of High-Touch Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
BILINGUAL INSIDE SALES & SUPPORT REP
We are seeking a bilingual (English & French) Inside Sales & Support Representative who excels in a fast-paced, environment. We look for service and relationship oriented sales & support representatives who are computer literate. We have excellent opportunities for those with a minimum of 1-2 years of telephone sales experience. You will be responsible for the sale of web-based time tracking and task management software. Strong communication, self-direction, and organizational skills are required. In this position you will establish relationships with prospective customers, maintain relationships with current customers, prepare and conduct sales demonstrations. Key Responsibilities:
- Meets or exceeds client acquisition and aretention goals.
- Secures the client relationship and drives customer satisfaction.
- Assist in day-to-day Website maintenance, aworking closely with Project Manager on related projects.
- Provide technical assistance to clients via telephone and email.
- Record/track problem reports, coordinate resolution, and provide status reports to management as necessary.
- Review open tickets daily and work toward resolution within time frames specified.
- Provide training and support to users of our time tracking and task management system.
- Guide prospects through the product tour and account setup process.
- Return customer service calls promptly.
- Follow-up with customers via written correspondence as needed.
- Send problem notifications to management as needed and work closely with Technical and Design team members to resolve issues.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with clients, colleagues, and management to ensure a pro-active team-oriented environment.
- Other duties may be required.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Pleasant personality with strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English & French.
- Ability to meet deadlines and input data with speed and accuracy.
- Team player with excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- A positive attitude with a customer focused approach.
PHP Programmer / Web Integrator (Intermediate) (5+ Yrs Experience Required)
You are a PHP Programmer / Web Integrator who wants to reach beyond the average to deliver first-rate, CMS-integrated websites and Web applications that are as elegant as they are functional.
You are passionate about the possibilities of the Internet as a medium, and about your role in building innovative solutions and finding the right way around every obstacle. You have the voice of a strong leader, but the spirit of a great collaborator. You care as much about your code as you do about usability, you think as much about where technology is going as where it is now, and you strive to make a difference with every project. You have a pixel-perfect approach to interface work, building page templates that conform exactly to designer layouts and specs. You are keen to dive into legacy code bases and technologies, developing incremental improvements and optimizations by stripping away old code, while building out new features that are vital to our clients’ success.
You will create, integrate and document complex web-based applications in PHP and MySQL following established standards and methodologies, primarily in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for fully documenting your work both in the code (following the phpDoc format) and, where necessary, in technical and user documentation manuals. Your code should respect the established style guidelines (PSR-1, PSR-2 for PHP), follow the DRY and KISS principles and be organized in a modern OOP manner.
- You have experience in assessing functional project requirements and interpreting them into technical development projects.
- You must be able to gather client requirements to translate into detailed project plans that meet budgets and deadlines.
- You must have the ability to work with heterogeneous data provided in different formats and find solutions to process it.
- Experience with dependency management tools (composer, npm, bower) would be a great bonus.
- You are strong at writing and optimizing SQL queries, as well as designing and optimizing SQL database schemas.
- You have experience with version control (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc).
- You are dedicated to delivering projects within time requirements while adhering to established quality and documentation standards.
- You have very strong troubleshooting skills, and you must be able to deal with unexpected failures promptly, efficiently and effectively.
- You must have a strong understanding of the factors affecting Web application performance, both on the front end and on the backend, and you must be able to balance performance with modularity and maintainability, quickly identify performance bottlenecks and apply optimizations as needed.
- You must have experience developing PHP sites running under Apache for Linux.
- Your integration work is impeccable, designers love working with you because of your keen eye for detail and faithfully built interfaces.
- You have experience with Redmine and/or Trac.
- You must have a general understanding of cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with electronic commerce transaction processing.
- Experience with MVC frameworks (e.g. CakePHP, Zend, Symfony, Laravel) and/or Object-Relational Mapping (such as Doctrine).
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (Less and/or Sass) and frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.).
- Experience with Web services (SOAP and/or REST).
- Experience with languages/environments other than PHP (e.g. Java, C#, Python, Ruby).
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- You should not be afraid to troubleshoot, fix and sometimes upgrade legacy code.
If you are going to succeed with us, you need to be a:
- Mature, hard working, career-oriented and motivated professional
- Producer of great work
- Team player
- Strong communicator
- Efficient coder
- Quick learner
- Breeze to get along with
- Keen follower of current web and tech trends